It is a pleasure for The Piraeus Port Authority S.A. and the Fundación Valencia port as coordinator of the Green C Ports project to invite you to the Event on Environmental Sensor Network and IT Platform Engineering and Piloting that will take place online on 12th May 2022.
The GREEN C PORTS global project aims to provide a suitable array of digitalization tools and technologies to support port environmental sustainability and performance of port operations in the TEN-T Core Network.
The ports of Valencia, Piraeus, Venice, Bremerhaven, and Wilhelmshaven are collaborating in this project to reduce the impact of port operations on their cities, monitor emissions from ports and vessels, optimize the handling of cargo in core ports, and facilitate access and egress of cargo in and out of these core ports.
This hybrid event will show the final results of the first activity that has been completed as part of the Green C Ports project:
· IT specifications and installation of the environmental sensor network at the ports participating in the project
· Implementation of the Port Environmental Performance (PEP) IT platform that will receive real-time data from the sensor networks and from existing operating systems in each port (i.e. PCS, PMIS, and TOS)
· PEP IT platform end-to-end integration with existing systems and sensor networks
The previously mentioned results are the first step of the pilots aiming to:
· Decreasing port traffic congestion and reducing CO2 emissions for trucks entering and leaving the Port of Valencia
· Optimising vessel calls at the Port of Venice before and after port closure due to bad meteorological conditions
· Predicting air quality in the Ports of Valencia and Piraeus and generating notifications to stakeholders when certain tolerance emission levels are exceeded
· Predicting noise levels in the Ports of Valencia and Piraeus and generating notifications to stakeholders when certain tolerance noise emission levels will be exceeded
· Predicting how ship-to-shore (STS) crane productivity will be affected by wave agitation, currents and wind and sending warnings 48 hours in advance to vessels programmed to call at the Ports of Wilhelmshaven and Bremerhaven
· Informing shippers about the real emissions generated by their shipments in door-to-door transport chains between the Iberian peninsula and the Balearic Islands
The event counts with a keynote speech by Stefano Campagnolo, Project Manager at CINEA, European Commission, on Financing programmes managed by CINEA to support the greening of Europe.
Please save the date: 12th May 2022 and register at: